SSC Underground is a specialty construction contractor that performs underground construction on heavy civil and public works projects.
SSC is seeking skilled, qualified Heavy Equipment Operators who can safely operate heavy and specialized construction equipment.
Qualified individuals should have 5-10 years of experience operating equipment on job sites doing excavation, site prep, dirt work, civil construction, and utility installation.
Equipment Operator duties will include preparing sites, mobilizing and demobilizing equipment, installing and maintaining equipment, collaborating with other workers, transporting materials, and ensuring safety around equipment.
Ideal candidates should be able to demonstrate attention to safety, accuracy, stamina, physical strength, good communication skills, and teamwork.
- Conduct start-up inspections of vehicles and equipment checking all mechanical assemblies, oil, fluids, lights, settings, and parts.
- Troubleshoot and perform basic repair on vehicles and equipment while on a job site and communicate with shop mechanics on any serious issues.
- Safely drive company trucks and vehicles and hook up, tow, and back up trailers as needed
- Operate a variety of equipment under the direction of the site foreman and project manager as needed
- Conduct safety talks with job site crew to train and educate on the proper use of equipment
- Safely operate and train others on how to operate equipment such as:
- Backhoe – CAT 420
- Loaders – CAT 966
- Excavators – CAT 345
- Bore Machines
- Tow Trailers
• Drug Testing – Required
• 39 Month MVR Required
• Reliable Transportation
• 40+ hours
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.